The very first Halloween I went all out cross dressed was the one I have written about extensively here in Cyrsti's Condo. It was 1974 in Germany, I was in the Army (of all places) and ended up with me coming up to several people as a transvestite not long after that.
Of course, wearing a short skirt in everyday Army life was not beneficial to earning a honorable discharge-so back I went into the closet.
During the next several years, I shied away from going to parties where I knew several people-opting for bigger venues. I agonized for literally months on a costume that in my mind was sexy, somewhat passable and creative. I was never as creative as Pat and her "Monica Lewinski" costume.
Looking back at the "impossible dream", I think I made it a couple of times-that's it. I'm not saying though I didn't have fun.
As I see it, here are a few of the Halloween party dividing points.
|Will the cross dressed Sarah Palin please reveal himself?|
- Are you going to a party at a friends or with friends?
- Do you want to be passable, comical, trashy or creative?
- Is your costume based on a current well known woman? Example, Lewinski, Sarah Palin, Elvira in her prime, etc.
- How "detailed" do you plan to be? Shaved legs, nice wig, etc?
- Depending upon how "accomplished" you are-how will you handle comments? (Which will come.)